The Directors of the Wensleydale Agricultural Society have agreed to offer an educational bursary for up to 4 local people who wish to apply for funds to assist with any costs associated with training related to agriculture. Applications are invited in accordance with the criteria set out below.
A grant of up to four bursaries, each bursary of up to £1,000.
- Eligibility – anyone entering any training for agriculture or farming related careers.
- Applications should:-
- reside within the show area (10 miles of Leyburn and/or within River Ure catchment to west);
- be submitted to the Secretary of the Wensleydale Agricultural Society;
- be in writing or email (post: Helen Cuming, Golden Lion House, Middleham, Leyburn, DL8 4RD or email: [email protected]);
- set out the applicant’s background;
- give details of the course they have selected;
- explain their reasons for selecting the course;
- explain how they see the course will further their career;
- provide a budget for the expenses they anticipate to claim for;
- be received not later than 30th June 2018.
- Expenses will be reimbursed on production of receipts for budgeted expenses related to their course but excluding expenses related to travel and accommodation.
- At the end of their course, those receiving a bursary will be expected to submit a written report detailing the outcome and what benefits they have acquired from the course.
- No references are required, but any references will be considered.
- Applicants may be called for interview before final consideration.
- All applications and any subsequent disputes will be considered on their merits by a selection committee comprising the President, Chairman and Secretary of the Society whose decision will be final.